Spring Grove Fire Protection District

The SGFPD is a branch of local government which provides Fire and Advanced Life Support (ALS-Paramedics) ambulance services to approximately 23 square miles of property located in Burton and Richmond Townships.  The fire department, formerly known as the Burton-Richmond Fire Protection District began service in 1925 becoming a formal taxing Fire District in 1940.  The District added rescue/ambulance service in 1981 when the department moved into its new station located at 8214 Richardson Road.  Fire and ALS services are provided to approximately 8,000+ residents, primarily within the Village of Spring Grove, IL.  The department is currently 24/7 Paid on Premise (POP) assuring coverage for all residents within the district day and night.  Paid-on-Call (POC) and Volunteeer Members continue to respond to all calls to provide additional staff.

OUR MISSION

The mission of the Spring Grove Fire Protection District is to provide customer oriented, value added, fiscally responsible Fire and EMS service to the community. Specifically, the mission is to prevent fires and reduce mortality and morbidity thru public education and routine bureau inspections; minimize fire loss thru up to date suppression tactics; efficiently rescue individuals trapped in emergency situations; and provide the best ALS transport service available; all while operating safely by providing initial and ongoing education and training for the firefighters, EMT's and paramedics that provide the service.

ISO RATING:   6
(Click on the Rating for More Information)